The Super Bowl is an event that takes place between the champions of the National Football League and the American Football Conference. It is one of the most watched and most expensive TV shows in America. There are two teams competing against each other in a one-hour long football game played on a rectangular grass playing field with goalposts at both ends. The teams play each other once every season, home and away, like other professional American sports leagues like Major League Baseball (MLB).
The Super Bowl is also sometimes known as the Big Game or simply The Game.
Some other interesting things you might not know about the Super Bowl
- The game has an audience of over 100 million people in the United States alone.
- Tickets for the event can sell out up to five years before it takes place and be priced anywhere from $1,500 to $2,000.
- A new TV is given to each game’s winner. This tradition started back in 1967.
- The average cost of a 30-second commercial during the Super Bowl is $5 million, and for this reason many advertisers strategize their campaigns around just one Super Bowl. Some ads are aired specifically to go viral, while others air to promote a product or cause.
How do you watch it
You can watch the game by tuning to an American TV channel or site that streams games;
for example FOX Sports, NBC Sport Network,ESPN3 and CBSSports is streaming games this year.
The History of the Game
The Super Bowl is the championship game of the National Football League (NFL) and American Football Conference (AFC). The game was initially called “The AFL-NFL World Championship Game” and renamed to Super Bowl XX in 1986. The only other American football league in North America is the Canadian Football League.
The history of this game started back in 1967 when the NFL stopped their championship game to allow for college players to compete in their own games.
How much does the winner of the Super Bowl get
Each year, the winning team of the Super Bowl gets $92,000 in prize money and a new trophy.
The losers get $49,000. They also receive a piece of jewelry made from their home city’s team.
Who are some of the players and teams this year
NFL players this year:
- Russell Wilson-Seattle Seahawks
- Tom Brady-New England Patriots
- Aaron Rodgers-Green Bay Packers
AFC players this year:
- Ben Roethlisberger-Pittsburgh Steelers
- Philip Rivers-San Diego Chargers
- Andrew Luck-Indianapolis Colts
Predictions for who will win – why
The Patriots are more of an experienced team with a lot more experience. They have won 3 out of the past 4 Super Bowls. The Seahawks also have a good chance because they’ve experienced their first Super Bowl victory in 2014, which just might motivate them more to win again.
I think that the Patriots will win this year’s game, since they have more experience and have won 3 out of the past 4 Super Bowls.
Why does it matter who wins
It matters because the Super Bowl is not only an American tradition, it’s also the biggest game of football of the year. The purpose of this game is to determine which are are best NFL teams are. So whoever wins have proven that they have done their job well, and were able to beat all other contenders.
Even if you don’t religiously follow football, there’s a good chance that your city will be rooting for one of the two teams in the big game. Friends and family members might bet on which team they believe will win to bring some cash into their life or use as an excuse to throw a party.